Disconnected

      I decided that if I had to disconnect with social media, the internet, and any other digital media, it had to be a holiday without commitments, studies, or daycare. My purpose was to be isolated from them, and I was engaged with that idea. I waited for a holiday. That day started well. I had breakfast with my family without realizing that my phone was mute. I went to the playground with my kid, and that was the first temptation. While he was playing, I felt the necessity of looking at my phone, especially social media. I resisted, but I was utterly bored. By the end of the day, I had achieved my goal. I did not use any digital media at all. However, I did not feel happy or proud; I felt worried about what I had missed during the day. I realized and understood how important social media is in my life. I am not proud of that. The funny thing is that I can control the time that my son can use devices (almost anything as he is young), but I cannot hold mine.

Disconnected. Copyright freepik stories.



Comments